power by WikipediaMindmap

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Faith...

Emily Dickens referred to faith in one of her poems as an invention. I don't think she meant this in a negative way at all. When one considers inventions as the mother of necessity then we can understand her statement; without faith where would we be, it is necessary.
Easter Sundays have always been special. When I was a child, it meant gathering with my grandparents and various cousins to celebrate Jesus' ultimate sacrifice with picnics and water. We always tried to camp out or eat outside if we could(which isn't always the case in west Texas). Sometimes we were forced to do our easter-egg hunting indoors, and this time-honored tradition has been passed on to my grandchildren this Easter, as the dirt and wind blew for a time on Easter Sunday. Regardless of how time alters the circumstances, I look back, sometimes in color, sometimes black and white, and note the changes; I am now the parent and the grand-parent. I am the source for this dynamic continuation of faith. This Easter weekend my home was the backdrop for children, grand-children and friends. We had lots of food, lots of fun, but most of all we had each other, and the understanding that it is all possible through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Yes invention is the mother of necessity and faith is as much of a necessity today as ever. Do you have a special way of continuing the traditions of your faith to your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment